Friday, November 5, 2010

We're Ba-aaaack


Boo! We're back online finally after a few weeks living out of boxes there is finally some internet around these parts. Lots of changes in the little Campbell household. First of all there's this:We traded our cute little townhouse apartment for a big backyard out in the burbs. If Bellingham really could have burbs this would be it, but don't turn around or you'll realize we're really a lot closer to Ferndale. Even the planners couldn't figure out what city we're in so they named the street Belfern and called it a day.I was totally convinced the big back yard was the best thing about the new house until we moved in and I fell in love with our big living room that is totally and completely separate from the kitchen and dining room. I can tolerate a whole lot more mess and distruction when it remains largely out of sight while I cook dinner. And we finally have one of those race track layouts, where the kids can pick up speed and run laps around the fireplace. Our first night here I yelled at the boys to stop running in the house, and started cracking up when I realized I had never, ever said that before. We have never been able to run in the house before, it just wasn't physically possible. I secretly kind of like it.

For Halloween we were delighted to discover that we have a rockin' trick or treat 'hood. Tons of kids, tons of candy, no cars and the perfect location on a dead-end so we don't get that many kids ourselves. The boys were going to both be karate guys (because Ashi wants "same like Bubba" on everything), but I couldn't find Ashi's pants to save my life (must be in one of those pesky boxes in the garage) so we just started throwing things together from the dress-up box. He ended up in Skeleton jammies with his "super Ashi cape", his "super duper shoes" and a light saber. Which is so stinkin adorable when you are Ashi. Ash just loved trick-or-treating. He carried the candy spider the whole time and proudly announced to each person that they were sharing their candy. The little secret there is that when you tell the person at the door that you and your brother are sharing your candy, 9 times out of 10 they don't give you guys two pieces but 3 or 4 instead. It's an absolute riot to watch because they are so delighted at the "sweet children" it's such a lark. Christian finds the whole thing a fantastic laugh.

6 comments:

The Hull's at #4 said...

YAY! So glad you found a great house! Enjoy the inside race track!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

YEAH!! For more space to play :) Happier children happier mommy too!!! Love the pics.....your boys are too cute!

Jen said...

looks like a really fun yard and cozy home!

Tisha Alexander said...

Love the pictures!! CONGRATS on the house. It is beautiful and plenty of room for 2 little boys to run!! :)

Shauna said...

Congrats on the new house... it looks awesome!

jody said...

The skeleton caped Ashi is so stinkin cute!! love your boys-y'all will have a blast in the new house, yay for you!! :)