Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Three Sweet Peas


Oh baby! Ashi finally got his birthday train ride. It was oh so much fun too! The trip from here to Mt. Vernon is about 30 minutes and one of the most beautiful stretches of track around. It goes right beside the beach with a view of the islands along Chuckanut Drive, through a few tunnels, over a bridge and then through the Skagit farmland to spot cows, sheep and a few of the elusive giant Marshmallow farms along the way. We pulled onto a siding for the Northbound train to pass, and spotted all the different types of freight cars waiting in the yard. Talk about fun for little boys! Christian was pretty well over it, but a good sport.
Luckily Ashi had his new buddy Carrot Top to share his locomotive euphoria. Carrot Top joined our crew at the beginning of this month and now the scales are hopelessly tipped in favor of the men around here. At three to one there really is no point in putting the seat down anymore, it's a lost cause.


We are quite fond of our new little friend and are glad he'll be around at least through the holidays. The two "Littles" are thick as thieves, running about "being super duper" and just generally adorable. But Bubba gets in on the action himself and seems to enjoy having a bit of a buffer between himself and his crazy little nut job of a baby brother. You won't believe me when I tell you, so I probably shouldn't, but there is actually more peace, quiet, housecleaning and sanity around here with 3 sweet peas than when we had 2.
I know, you don't believe me. That's okay. Just keep thinking I'm nuts and feel free to offer to mow my lawn. I did that the other day and spent the last hour contemplating putting the house back on the market. I can't believe I'm actually glad it's November and the sun won't shine for the next 8 months forcing the grass to go dormant. Now off to find me a teenage neighbor boy!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I do believe you that three is easier than two. Glad to see it's working out so well at the new house

Tisha Alexander said...

I do believe you!!! There was a huge adjustment with five, but I must say having five is easier than three... but going out with five it not a lot of fun(especially with the dumb remarks and blatant stares)! :)

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I believe you- I tell people all the time the only reason it is hard is because you only have 1 r 2 :) Praying for your crew :)

jody said...

love it!!!! i so wish we lived closer....

The Hull's at #4 said...

I KNOW three is easier than one once you get things rolling! Save your funds and get a riding lawnmower - the boys will love it!! Have a blessed Thanksgiving y'all!

K

Unknown said...

Hey, Congratulations! On the new house, and another kid? Is that fo reals? We should get together and compare back yards.

I hope you're well! This is my last week of student teaching so maybe we can get together one day.