Monday, August 11, 2008

Must be that "New Math"

Today I was starting to really chomp at the bit, and feel left out even, because I hadn’t gotten my official August numbers from AGCI yet. It seemed like EVERYBODY had them already. That’s because they actually did, and somewhere in cyberspace my e-mail had been lost. I’m so glad I e-mailed Christy (my fabulous case-worker) and asked her in a note that was disguised as a question about what to do with my FDL. I like to play it all cool like that and not sound like one of those obnoxious moms that pesters the poor case workers all the time (so far I have a pretty good act going).

So apparently I’m not so hot at math these days, and even with my multi-colored spreadsheet for tracking I was quite a bit off on my number projection. Somewhere in the middle numbers there have got to be some people jumping the line and adopting waiting children and siblings that I’m not hearing about because I had a lot of faith in my color-coded spreadsheet, it’s even kind of pretty. Pretty, but WRONG!

Instead of #16 for a boy and #18 for a girl, I am



Boy

Girl


Now that’s a bit more exciting don’t you think? I actually moved 5 spots on the boys list and 1 on the girls. Which is a whole lot better than nothing.

2 comments:

Our journey said...

Glad you were wrong!!!

A

Heather said...

It is so much fun (but very nervewracking) to watch your numbers...