Jill turned 30 today, on 10-10-10. Which unfortunately forces me aknowledge the rapidly dwindling existance of my own twenties. Last night we went out to celebrate and let's just say it was interesting. For one, her hubby insisted everyone get "dressed" for the occasion, "Because it is much more sophisticated to go out drinking whilst dressed in our finery." That Matt is a hoot.So not only did I have to up and hire a new sitter, but also figure out what to wear. I had the sad realization that I have two extensive wardrobes and not a thing to wear out on a Saturday night. I have work clothes, and I have work around the house clothes. There are no "going out for drinks" clothes. Sitting in front of the bathroom mirror, Ashi underfoot asking me incessantly, "why are you wearing that?", digging his fingers into my eyeshadow, trying on my ankle breaking shoes, attempting to steal my nylons for his own crazy desires... What on earth am I doing? I have no idea how to apply makeup, do not own lip color, need prothetics to get anything to fit properly...sheesh it's no wonder I'm single!
It all came to a head as I was pulling up to the Temple Bar at 8pm, in my minivan. My MINIVAN! Just kill me now.
* photos are completely unrelated, but I didn't get a shot of us all toasting mortality last night- so you get what you get. Ugh, but can you believe my baby is THAT big and still getting packed around in the ergo? Now there's a piece of baby equipment I got my money out of!
3 comments:
just a baby with babies, i'm old, almost 42!!!! your boys are so beautiful as always luv watching them grow
Don't worry... the 30's are way better than the 20's... I'm hoping that the 40's follow suit as I'm getting closer and closer to that number. What happened?!
Oh yea, trust me, 40's are good! I don't want to hear about the 50's.... let's change the subject and say, "You're one strong mini-van driving mama to haul your baby around in the ergo still!"
Post a Comment