Sunday, October 10, 2010

Feeling Fallish

After a really wet and disappointing summer we've had an unbelievable string of beautiful Saturdays to enjoy our fall traditions. From the first week of September I was adamant I would not go apple picking or to the pumpkin patch in the rain this year- I would just skip it! But instead we've been peeling off our sweaters and getting some much appreciated UV exposure!I had Brady and Natalie the weekend we planned on apple picking. So Eric drove up to help me run interference and Jen joined us with her kiddos too. We picked about 40 pounds and already have 13 quarts of sauce canned up.Then last weekend we hit Stoney Ridge before the crowds. We had "A" with us for a few days, he was our first foster kid and he was a lot of fun. It sounds like he'll be back from time to time, which I think is awesome because not only is he adorable but a really sweet kid too.Eric joined us again for pumpkins, he was supposed to bring his nephew with him (again) but Nicholas is like the typical kid this age and keeps getting booked up on the weekends. Oh well, the boys don't mind too much and the extra set of hands sure comes in handy whenever I venture out in public out numbered. So that about wraps up the fun around here. The next three weeks are booked up with packing, moving, organizing, patching, painting, cleaning, ripping out walls... you know, good stuff.

No comments: