You can read about it here, because who doesn't love a referral story?This is the first photo ever taken of Ashenafi, in September (quite possibly the 5th, when he arrived at Hannah's Hope). Almost 11 months old and all skinny legged. Wasn't he a cutie pie? Such a tiny little thing.
He was one tough little dude, from the day he was born. His Dad told me that, and I know it's true. In the photo above, that tiny little malnourished baby has hepatitis, tuberculosis, anemia and an infected eye that just barely opens. Within a few weeks, after a tube of ointment, a vitamin A shot, and some TLC he looked like this.
This one is also in September, his eye is starting to look better and his legs are filling out already! They do such an awesome job getting those kiddos healthy fast at Hannah's Hope.
These photos are from October, right around his first birthday. Only 17lbs, and most of that in the belly :) You might remember those sad looking slippers. They were passed along to a little girl after Ashi, and his little bear slippers that I sent stayed behind to keep another set of toes cozy.
Look at that face! And look at the little guy peeking out from behind the bushes in the background. That cracks me up, such a typical scene from HH. Kids crawling everywhere, with their mischevious grins.November, 13 months old- happily bonding with Genet and finally bearing some weight on his legs.
January, 15 months old- Goodness, he still didn't really have any hair. And still not walking yet either, but almost. Autumn Gossett was the first to report Ashi walking in February, at 16 months.And finally, March 2009! 17 months old, and getting ready to come home. I couldn't resist the buddy boys on the potty photo, aren't they adorable?
That little guy is home now, along with his siblings. All of the kids that were at Hannah's Hope with Ashi are home now. It's pretty crazy to think that there is an entirely new batch of 65 kiddos there now, waiting for families. And when they leave, there will be 65 more to take their place. 6 MILLION children in Ethiopia are orphans. Can you even fathom that number? 6 million faces just like these two.


.jpg)
11 comments:
I do love a referral story, but I think I might love posts like this more!! The changes are amazing and not just because he is one year older. You are a great Momma and he is thriving!
Wow Erin, I think the last picture is my favorite of all on your blog - can't beat that smile! Praise God for loving moms!
I was so jealous of you that day!!!! How dare you skip line?!?!? But, I guess AGCI didn't know when they gave us numbers that you were Ashi's mom. I've been thinking about something special for our family to do on Eli's referral day, but haven't come up with it yet.
WHAT AN AMAZING POST! Thank you for sharing how much he has changed and grown since his referral! WOW! What a doll baby!
incredible.
absolutely amazing...truly undeniably miraculous! congratulations erin, ashi, and christian on a dream come true!
Thanks for sharing his pics - amazing that he has opportunities b/c his dad wanted that for him.
Every time someone shows pics of HH I look in the background for familiar faces, you're right, they've all got Forever Families now. Adoption is such a beautiful thing, just looking at Ashi then and now....My heart is overflowing!
Oh...sweet Ashi! I remember your referral day so well. You emailed me WHILE you were getting your referral...my heart skipped a beat cause I knew mine was coming SOON! :) So much fun!!!! So great to see how wonderfully healthy he is now...and HAPPY! Love you Ashi!
dangit erin, it's hard to read through tears. I clearly remember that dark Monday a year ago. Best. Mom.Ever.
I never saw his referral photos so that was a nice treat. I cant believe how strong these kids are. Poor baby was sick and still smiling :) he is just beautiful.
It really is amazing... You are one lucky mom.
Post a Comment