
I'm going back to work in the morning. This very well be my final post, sniff... Naw, my house is just going to be a disaster and I'll have to start splurging on the latte that just happens to be oh so convenient on the way to the office.
When I called in to check with the boss last week I gave him a quick rundown on all the lowpoints post-adoption (getting sick, hospital stay, TB treatment, wah wah wah), I was angling to at least make someone feel really guilty about my lousy leave of absence and other unfortunate work-related "pressures". You know what he said? He said, "Thank goodness for COBRA!" Yep. It's a really good thing it was over e-mail so I could stop myself from saying something very snarky about being relieved of my benefits. Yes, I feel so very thankful every time I write that check for my COBRA!" Oi! What a load. So what do I say when tomorrow they all ask, "So, are you happy to be back?"
It's a good thing I am so very happy to HAVE a job, a very good job. I am so happy to have a job, I am so happy to have a job, I will be a good employee, I will be a good employee, I will LOVE my job. I just happen to love my kids more, that's all. Sorry boss.
1 comment:
I'm feeling your pain! I have one more week before I face the reality you're facing today. Not looking forward to it.. you know being with people other than my own clan!
Thinking about you and really hope you continue to post.
Post a Comment