Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Updates

I have to backpedal a bit on my last two snarky posts. Well, only halfway. The Health Department REALLY DID FORGET Ashi's medicine last weekend. I actually was expecting to have misunderstood something about his treatment that meant he had the weekend off. Nope, they forgot his meds. But still, they can't just leave the damn meds here and stop bothering us everyday. But they will start leaving his meds on Fridays for the weekends. Ugh. They are also weighing him twice weekly, and he doesn't appear to have lost any weight after all, yay!
The reason I have to backpedal is because my boss was actually really nice when I went to work Monday. I think he apologized for my having to be there at least 3 times. He also promptly noticed I've lost weight (double bonus points) which really impressed me since I hadn't noticed until I was putting on my work clothes that morning. Oh yeah, it's a little hard to stop and eat whilst chasing a toddler.
Because they do things like this all day long.
Open cupboard.
Pull out baby food.
Unload baby food.







Stack baby food with impressive dexterity into three jar high towers which make a nice noise when toppled.
Load baby food into dishwasher.





And my personal favorite, put it all back in the box.

Now if only he always did it in this order!

The first few days back to work have gone surprisingly well. As well as can be expected, I'd still rather be home. Ashi is getting along famously with Grandma and seems to be very happy and comfortable with the routine. Christian seems to enjoy it too. When I get home, my house is clean and my kids are happy. I get to play with them while mom gets dinner going (is this what it's like to have a wife? I think so.) And when it's time to put Ashi to bed, mom plays with Christian so I don't even feel guilty about that anymore. She even does laundry and fixes stuff! One day she reorganized my kitchen drawers (I only have like 2) and my messy cookie sheet cupboard. I'm feeling a tad spoiled.

For the record, MY MOTHER DOES NOT LIVE WITH ME! Please, don't even suggest. She just happens to live next door and there is a really handy doorway from the boys' bedroom into her spare room. We have different mailing addresses, separate utility bills and she has dogs (I just let them "visit" after Ashi's dinner). We own a 4-plex together and we've just made some "modifications" to create the family compound my dad's been begging for for years :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds just about perfect Erin. I'm glad you've got her to help you, I wondered how you were gonna work it when you had to go back. And I'm awfully sorry about the Health Department. I'm glad you're doing so well!

Ron & Maria said...

I'm still confused at why the health dept has to monitor the meds Mon - Fri but not on the weekends - go figure.

Love the compound! My dad did the same for my grandmother with a duplex when I was in High School. I went to her place everyday after school and after supper! LOVED THE TIME TOGETHER! My friends wished they had the same!

Looks like Ashi is doing great with his stacking skills!
ENJOY!

Matt said...

Seriously Erin you need to get some separation from your parents. My parents have to walk 250 feet from their back door to make it over to our place :) Kidding aside, it's great to have family close by, especially when there are kids involved.

Maria and Family said...

wow. you are truly lucky to have your family so close and be happy with it :) it is perfect for your kiddos and you...i cant imagine having to work fulltime then come home and do all the stuff i do all day long before bed..my hat is off to you :)

Anonymous said...

How WONDERFUL to have your mother so close and such a help to you!! Love the pics of Ashi's activities! He's a lot like my youngest!!

Michelle Riggs said...

Great pictures. So glad he is maintaining his weight. Praying for you all.

Heather said...

As you know I'm a little green ;)