10 years ago
Thursday, February 19, 2009
The Last of the Paperwork
I'm so bad. I haven't written my birth family letter yet. You would think that with how type A and "prepared" I like to be this would have been completed a long time ago. Nope. I am so totally procrastinating. Why is this so stinking hard? Okay, well obvious reasons. But some not so obvious. A's mom and dad were actually the same age as me. Not about the same age, but exactly the same age. If you know me in real life you're older than I am. If you know me in blogland you're older than I am (well, except Autumn). There is something so fundamentally wrong about people my age dying and leaving their children orphaned that leaves me speechless. If you know me in real life you know it isn't often that I'm speechless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It was hard for me to start my letter too ... to express the depth of my gratitude through a letter? a thank you note for my baby? it just seemed so small for the huge gift ... anyway ... i hope it starts flowing for you.
I'm younger than you. :)
It's very hard to use words to express these things. I really respect what you're doing. I think it's wonderful and I've been frequenting your blog, I'm very excited to see this little guy.
I was the same way. This was the last thing I did. I think I emailed it to Christy like 4 days before we left. I just couldn't find the words. I kept praying to God to speak to my heart as to what Lidya's mother needed to hear my say. I will praying that you find just the right words and soon.
Maybe that you are his birth parent age is some sort of solace... aren't you supposed to wish that if you weren't able to raise you children any more that whoever did would be most like you? So you're children still are raised with your essence?
I hope your letter leaves you and A's birth family with a happy and peaceful heart.
Has anyone had any advice as to how to deal with the "the white people are coming! the white people are coming!" problem? It will quickly dissove in your love, but it would be nice to be armed with some tactics, no?
Yes - I'm sure lots of fun will be had. Jody and I in the same room - watch OUT! Oh I feel bad for Pat (her husband). You'll be in Ethiopia picking up your little guy - yay!!
Post a Comment