...we saw your very handsome little baby boy. What a cutie. He is not walking. I saw him scoot, kind of on one leg...skootching about. When we arrived (day 1) we found him right away. He was sitting out on a blanket that was filled with all kinds of baby toys, he was very happy, both fists full of goodies. He was concentrating on which to grab next and inched his way across the blanket with his one leg maneuver. He is very healthy and a happy little guy. He still looks very much like the pictures you sent me...maybe a little bit chubbier (not much).
The other time we came he was napping, but we went and checked on him...he was all cozily tucked in and looked very content. Another day he was sitting in a little baby type walker, watching a kids video the special mom's put in, while they were getting ready to feed everyone, he was watching it very carefully- I think he is a little studier already! So cute, he kept his eye on the food though, as he wasn't going to miss out on that! We told him you love him and that his family is coming soon to bring him home. I am sure God interpreted that for him ;-)
The special mothers take such excellent care of the children. Honestly, there are so many others who help too...I was amazed by all of the men who help at Hannah's Hope (Danny, Geb, Johannas, Tom...) they very much love the children...lots of hugs and kisses and talking (to them) going on continually through the day.
That sounds like my boy, making sure he gets fed! He'll fit right in around here with my other little human vacuum :) And so far, still not walking. That must mean he's going to be a genius like Jackson and Claire, the only other kids I know that took their dear sweet time to become bipedal.
Kimmie also gave a little update about the donation delivery.
Our group was able to bring about a month and a half worth of formula. Almaz got very emotional when she stepped into her office and saw that there was a whole wall full (almost stacked to the ceiling...we did that for effect!) of formula. It is hard for her to get there, she basically has to fight to get it. I can't imagine how exhausting that must be. So, if you are thinking of bringing stuff...grab that. I noticed too, that PJ's of all sizes would be good, many of the pairs looked old and worn. But formula is most needed.
That reminds me, I have PJs to pull out for my "packing pile". Thanks Kimmie, this was the sweetest thing to get and a total surprise tonight! Welcome home everybody, sorry to hear your all sick. Bummer.
11 comments:
What a GREAT update ... I'm sure he can't wait to see his mama!
how great to hear-and i cried, too, when she emailed me. she rocks!!!!!
What a wonderful gift! Hopefully it makes the days tick by a little faster to know how happy and healthy your son is there. But still... could Feb. get here a little quicker please?
And...how in the world did you end up with another great napper and eater?!?
Thanks for the smiles to day, your post warmed me up inside!
Awww - how sweet!! :)
Your day is getting closer... couple more weeks!
so exciting!!
What a precious note! It is so wonderful to hear news about your precious boy!! Praying for your court date!!!
So glad that God blessed you sweet sister, hang on...the best part of the journey (which goes the fastest) is about to begin. Don't let the enemy rob you of the joy that God means to bless you with. Soak it in, soon you will be 'remembering.'
my love and prayers;
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
how sweet to get this great update! The amharic book is a little overwhelming isn't it? I guess I didn't realize how hard this language really is! I am going to try and listen to it everyday;) Praying for you and your sweet boys!
What a wonderful update!! It must have made you so happy to get this news!! so detailed. i remember when we were waiting for travel i clung to EVERY word from people who met him and could testify about him.
Those udates from traveling families are heaven sent!! I remember getting them and they meant the world to me!!!!
Michelle
That is the sweetest!!! Praying for your court date...kristi
Post a Comment