It just keeps getting better. Tonight C watched Wall-e with Grandma while Belinda and I ran to the mall to do a few quick things. When we returned (at 5:15pm) C was out cold on the couch, nice work Grandma!
So I talked the ladies into staying for dinner so I wouldn't be eating alone again. When they were about to leave C stirred enough to give them a few kisses, then snuggled into my lap and went right back out.
I don't know what on earth I was thinking when I hauled him up to bed (his LOFT BED!) without plunking him down on the toilet on the way. He's an absolute pro at the full service bathroom break while asleep (hand washing included of course).
About 8pm I decided to get his tank emptied, only to find out I was too late. As I'm peeling his wet clothes off of him, he starts whispering something about underpants (in his sleep- because a freight train cannot wake this sleeping child). When I get him fully disrobed, I lean in close to hear.
"Underwear, underwear, quick, quick, quick
How many underwear did you lick?"
You can't make this stuff up! He loves to make up silly rhymes, but I think his creativity was a little stifled in his sleep or he would have found a better word to rhyme with "quick".
By the way, I have discovered that it is easier to carry a sleeping child UP to a loft bed than DOWN out of one. Go figure.
10 years ago
3 comments:
Not sure how happy he is going to be reading some of this in 10 years.
hahaha-kids are so weird. i love them!
GREAT! I love what kids will blurt. But that is seriously cute for him to be saying it in his sleep.
As for the mess, I don't envy you on that one. We should have a 'Well, if you think that was bad...' contest to see what Mom has a winning story of messes created by their kids.
Take care.
Kristy
Post a Comment