In the car this morning:
C: Mom! Put your coffee down and put your hands like this (motions with his hands a perfect 9 and 3 o'clock steering grip) Don't worry about your coffee, you need to worry about you. Your coffee isn't 1'portant, you are.
Me: Okay, thank you for reminding me (quickly gulp down remaining coffee and grab wheel "properly")
And then tonight at bedtime I was reminded of a little incident that shaped my childhood psyche. One night when I was around 4 or 5 my big cousin Ricky was playing hide-and-seek with my sister and I before bed. When he found Belinda he tickled her, a lot, until she peed her pants. I was so upset! I started crying about how Ricky loved Belinda more than me because he never tickled me until I peed my pants. (I'm dead serious, I was so upset!). Well tonight after our story and kisses I gave him C some tickles. I sort of pinned him down and put one finger in his arm pit (that's it!). He was cracking up and saying "stop, stop" and giggling some more. Then he puked. Yep, just one little gulp of tomato juice and chewed up spinach, dribbling down to his neck. How's that for love?
PS: I talked to his teacher this morning and she felt so bad about his homework woes. She was going to have a chat with him today. I went ahead and bought Handwriting Without Tears on ebay last night. I've heard good things about it and we'll be doing those lessons instead of the regular programming.
4 comments:
I'm glad you talked to his teacher, but seriously, he's there 9 hours a day, does he really need to bring it home with him too? (It's like he's already in a corporate job!)
Oh, and proper steering wheel position is 10 and 2, thankyouverymuch.
That sounds like some nasty ass puke. Makes me appreciate my sons bland diet a bit more.
C has a strong sense of fashion! I love the outfits kids come up with. He sure does match though! HWOT is used in our school district. It is a good program. Good choice mom!
let me know about the handwriting without tears!
OK that just made me laugh out loud-that he barfed. Kids are so funny! And I love when they help me and my hubby drive b/c of their EXTENSIVE driving experience ;)
Post a Comment