Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ta da!

Belinda helped me get C's bed all set up today. For now it's at the full height, but in the future I can always cut the legs down and turn it into a "captain's bed" over his dresser like originally planned. For now this is just the most efficient use of the floor space. The toy cupboard is in the back corner and the bookcase on the other end of the bed. They all fit EXACTLY and just allow the closet doors to open. I'm hoping we'll be able to get his hammock chair from Mexico hung up too, at the very least it will be a good hangout for the stuffed animals.

C loves his new digs, and as soon as I moved the crib in there he thought we should put his baby quilt in it to make it look cozier. I hoping to also do something to spice up the walls over by the crib eventually. But that will probably wait until I can figure out bedding and such. And the mini crib will more likely than not actually be in my room. I just moved it into C's room so we wouldn't get too used to the extra space. You know what happens when you have extra space, it usually gets used up by stuff!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Woohoo!! Looks GREAT!!

Maria and Family said...

I love the new bed. My son has a loft bed too..it really is a smart use of space. I admit I felt a bit bad for your little guy...K should be FUN not so much stress for little ones..homework in K? That is just silly. Hang in there :) Maria

The Gresham Clan said...

Looks AWESOME - you're a stud :)!

Kristin