Monday, October 6, 2008

October #s, Astronauts and Twins

I've got three very different topics to cover tonight, try to keep up.

Not too many people got their updated wait list numbers today, they were just too darn busy getting their referrals instead! So much so, that my updated numbers are already completely worthless. I'll just skip right through to the exciting part, the UNOFFICIAL numbers. They are lots more fun. (refresher: 2 weeks ago I figured my numbers out to be 7 boys and 9 girls- those also happened to be today's official numbers) Today there were 3 referrals of little girls, and one "lost" referral of a little boy (meaning the boy's list actually goes up not down). That means:

Boy.....................................................Girl



There is a story behind the image I picked for #8 that's worth telling. That's the NASA Apollo 8 mission patch from when three guys went up in a teeny capsule and took a fairly famous photo of the earth behind the moon. Asher happened to go through a bit of a space phase (sort of different from his other ones :) and knew all about this obscure (for the rest of us) mission. Then about 2 years ago we went to the Museum of Flight in town (basically 2 hangers and a bunch of hobby pilots with a collection of interesting small planes) and ran into Bill Anders (see his name on the logo above?). Well Bill was so darn impressed that a 10 year old would know who he was and be thrilled to me him, that he autographed Apollo 8 caps for both of the boys.

And then tonight (remember the last topic I promised) as I was saying goodnight to C, we got talking about the baby. He thought we should always refer to the baby as a "boy or a girl", because if we say "he" is wouldn't be nice if it is a girl. And then he informed me that he wouldn't mind if the baby is a boy and a girl.

Me: You mean two babies, like twins?

C: Yeah, because there are two of us, so we could take care of two babies!

Me: Hmm, yes. But you know babies take lots and lots of time and attention and feeding and changing and...

C: (totally not even listening to my well explained reasoning) and maybe Grammy and Papa will get another crib for my birthday.

Me: You want a crib for your birthday????

C: Yeah. So we can have two babies.

Me: Go to sleep now, you're obviously delirious and will regret that in the morning.

This is a kitty that C was charmed by in Mexico because it looks just like his Tigger at Grammy's house (check out his tongue!)

6 comments:

Jana said...

You obviously have a very sweet boy. And well versed in space info! So excited for you, the way things have been going and with Almaz being back in town...get your phone ready!!

rebecca said...

He is so cute! Two babies, who knows.

Outdrsycple said...

Hey,

I didn't see our blog on your list and I thought it would help number counters to know where we are on the boy list. I think as of now we are unnofficially #3 with Shannon being back at 1.

Maria and Family said...

What a sweet boy you have :) little boys are the best :) Can you believe our numbers??? HAA!! I am not ready ! I swore I wouldnt get excited until we reached 10...now it is here ! Happy for you ! Maria

Heather said...

yeah, well Pinky Nelson used to make me blueberry pancakes on the weekends when I'd sleep over. He was an astronaut too and now a professor at WWU. First blonde in space, he was. And first to use that arm thingy to work on the outside of the shuttles. His last flight was the one before the Challenger.
I'd be OK if you came home with a boy AND a girl. Really.

Dawn said...

Aww - he is such a sweetheart!! Congrats on your new #'s - it's going to be here before you know it!!
~Dawn