I guess squirrels like apples. I'm not sure why that wasn't more of a "duh" moment for me. Now my squirrel issues definitely don't hold a candle to Dawn's, but I was not thrilled to have C show me today that the squirrels were dropping our freshly picked apples from the trees and then scampering off with them after they'd cracked open.We had to rethink our storage situation, and it also provided encouragement to get moving on processing them. C was a great help peeling and cutting up apples, and apparently our applesauce was much more delicious than what they made at school (he thinks the school apples are too sour). We got 4 pints of sauce canned (easier to do than I thought) and a big bowl for eating. It worked out to under a dollar a jar (including buying the jars!) and is WAY better than store bought- and no added sugar.
No comments:
Post a Comment