Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kindergarten Orientation

C loves Miss Cheryl. She teaches Sunday School at our church too, so he always runs and gives her hugs (and tries to jump into her arms, yikes!)


Tonight we went to Kindergarten Orientation night! Okay, it was really just an opportunity to dump the school supplies into the big bin and make note of the stuff I'd forgotten to send to school (boots, mug with name on it, slippers). There was a "scavenger hunt" for everyone to complete, it went something like this:
1) Find your coat hook and shoe cubbie (Oh look, they're exactly where they were last week)
2) Find you name on the attendance chart, and pick a job off the job chart (table washer was C's choice because it's wet and sloppy I think)
3) Put your birth date on your name card for the birthday chart.
4)Make a handprint using the paint color that matches your skin, or mix it to match.
5) Find your cubbie (oh look, it too is in the same spot it was last week)
6) Hug your teachers and go home.

There were a couple more items we needed to explore, but the enthusiasm isn't really there when you've been in this classroom for a year already. I think there are two new children in his class, and then there's the same old suspects we've been looking at for the last four years. At least Miss Cheryl knows what she's in for!
I tried really hard to take the obligatory first day in Kindergarten photos. But this turkey was really making it tough tonight. He just had to goof every time I pointed the camera at him. Meanwhile I'm feeling kinda silly, because none of the other parents are even thinking about taking photos tonight, it just seems really unofficial when it's also their childcare. Not that they aren't learning a ton of stuff- they just kind of live there too.


1 comment:

Heather said...

your son is a H-A-M. him and N will make a very entertaining couple. You know, when we marry them off.