These photos of C sleeping on the floor might make some think I have gone too far. But really, C LOVES sleeping on the floor. And I got $100 for his bed! And I met the nicest lady that bought his bed for her toddler. She offered me a free crib when I told her why C's bed was being sold. Then she sent me the link to her blog to see how adorable her little boy's new Big Boy room is now. Okay, calm down. I bought him another bed, a loft because I couldn't figure out any other way to get another human into either of our rooms without sacrificing the play table or my sanity (I mean computer desk). But I did come away ahead even after buying his loft bed (on craigslist of course) for only $50 in Arlington, ahem, just past the "Welcome to Granite Falls" sign. Let's pretend $20 in gas doesn't count.
I also got to have my faith in humanity stroked a bit, because everyone I met was so nice! The first person picking up some toys told me about how her parents adopted a little girl from Ethiopia recently. Another who bought some crafty things for her nanny job wanted to get together to talk about adoption (I pointed her to AGCI and some blogs to get started), and then of course the lady who offered me a free crib. Seriously, how generous was that? And then there were the countless people who came to my front porch to pick stuff up while I was at work, all of which actually left the money in my mailbox. I haven't ever been burned. But then, I live in a pretty cool place where people are still generally decent. I hear that's becoming less common.
3 comments:
C looks mighty cute sleeping and I'd love to know how the new bed is working out. Again, it was great to meet you and I'm very excited to read about how things are moving along for your new 'peanut'! I checked out the website you gave me and wow! How great.
Again, thanks for sharing your bed, C! Jonah LOVES it. Please keep in touch. It was great to meet both of you.
Kristy
That's awesome!! I should try that!
I have some baby stuff for you if you're interested!
Post a Comment