Nothing like popping on the computer a few days before you come home to find out that nothing is going well at work. Apparently there was some sort of flooding in the Midwest that wiped out the sugar supply, WTH? (that H is for heck by the way) and screwed up my two product launches for this Fall (among other things). And as should be expected (but I'm not as bright as I pretend to be), nobody really knows how to do (or really wants to do) anybody else's job, so when you leave for vacation (LOL) all you're really doing is procrastinating for a week before doing all the work that needed to be done while you were gone. What a crock!
AND if that isn't bad enough. I come to find out everybody and their mother got a referral while I was gone too! Seriously, one person got a new son AND two brothers this week! (Hi A, congratulations BTW!!) Can't you all just settle down and stop freaking me out? At this rate I'll be in Ethiopia for Christmas. Hellooooo? No openings at Blossom until next September. That's ELEVEN MONTHS FROM NOW before I have childcare! (yep, I'm yelling now) I had it all planned out and nobody is cooperating with me.
Am I the only one who read the packet from the agency and saw the part about "Start to Finsh" it's supposed to be, oh about 11-13 months to complete your adoption, and you really should plan on things slowing you down, yada yada yada? It's been 6 months since I casually chatted with the nice social worker lady about what's so nice about this agency vs that agency. I take a nice little sunny vacation, and BOOM...I'm in the single digits on the waitlist. YIKES!
For the three people who read this blog that aren't also on the waitlist, those numbers would be:
Boys..................................Girls

Yes, I could be singing a different tune come November when I'm still looking at these same numbers. And yes, Kami, Autumn, Bethany, Melissa, Shannon, and the other couple people I don't even know really were so done waiting, and Amy and Whitney who are right up next are also so done waiting. And too fast is WAY better than experiencing delays (months or years for many families). But I'm sure I'm not the only one that just wishes I had the foggiest idea whether I'm looking at 4 more months, or four more weeks waiting for a referral. This type-A chica likes to plan!
4 comments:
however it happens it will be wonderful, stop stressing!
Hahaha! You definitely made me laugh. If it makes you feel any better we STARTED at #12 and it ended up being 5 and 1/2 months on the waitlist (which was only supposed to be 2-4...). We also were told we had the fastest record for paperwork and now it is looking like it will be 12-13 months start to finish. So - don't worry - it still could be September! I 100% know how you feel though - are we bringing a baby home in November or February?!? Hello, kinda a big deal right? It would be so nice to know. What I have learned is although the paperwork is right up our type-A alley, maybe the waitlists aren't so much. Good thing for laid back husbands who have the power to rub it in our faces that we "just don't know" and it is "out of our control." :) Congrats on the movement!
Autumn
Thank you for your comment! I now stalk other AGCI blogs too... Your blog is thoroughly entertaining to me... I hope to be "waiting" officially soon too...
It is nice to "meet" you too!
Um, is it bad that I'm (unofficially) at 14 and I'm so done waiting? LOL I am SO ready to go get her RIGHT NOW. Boo.
When we switched from Vietnam to Ethiopia I was SO excited that the wait was so "short" -- giddy, really -- but now it just seems like FOREVER!
God knows, God knows....
Sarah
Post a Comment