In classic airline fashion the flights out of Anaheim were all overbooked. Since my little boy was not waiting for me at home (he was in New Mexico with my parents visiting my sis), I really had nothing to rush home to (well except work). So when the call for volunteers came, I spontaneously volunteered. I was thinking nice thoughts about it being "the right thing to do" for the other people who had families (or possibly pets) waiting for them at home. I figured a 9pm flight (getting home at 1am) and a 7am flight (getting to work at 10am) were both equally crappy when it comes to functioning at work the next day. So why not get a free ticket to do something fun.
So I spent an extra night at the Hilton with only my Expo bag and briefcase to keep me company. I used the free hotel toothbrush and toothpaste. I washed my pits (why don't hotels give you free deodorant?), removed my make-up and tried to make my hair last another day (with the flimsy free hotel comb). In the morning I got a lovely cup of Joe, yogurt and juice with both of my "Free Meal Vouchers"- which are seriously deceptive because you can't buy a darn thing at the airport for 7 bucks. And what do you know, my re-booked flight was overbooked as well.
Well at this point, what the heck? I took another travel voucher (which I had made out in the little man's name this time) and got re-booked on the next flight. This brought me into Seattle at the same time my parents got there with C on their way home from NM. He thought that was very cool, and gave me big hugs and kisses before they headed out to get their car and I ran off to catch my connection to Bellingham. So, all in all, I traded this seat (twice),
for these two...
And that's just where we'll be until the 23rd, Zihuatanejo Mexico. C keeps telling everyone we're going to New Mexico, I hope he can tell the difference when we get there.
And that's just where we'll be until the 23rd, Zihuatanejo Mexico. C keeps telling everyone we're going to New Mexico, I hope he can tell the difference when we get there.And if you're local, feel free to stop by and visit with the Big Scary Guy that I hired to house sit. He says he like cats, hopefully not for dinner.
3 comments:
Hope you enjoy your trip with C! Hweat fun!
Amy
have a great time! just a lil jealous.
Ooooo nice!! Have fun!!
Post a Comment