Saturday, August 23, 2008

Catching Up.

Oh I've been a bad blogger lately. I have lots of good excuses.

1) Christian is away at Grammy camp during the weeks

2)Belinda has been offering to take photos on her camera lately (therefore I have none of my own and have little motivation to blog without them) and

3) Dad is home now so I don't feel obligated to post updates as often (then again, HE should probably be posting updates for me to read since he's such a grandbaby thief!)


But, alas here's what we've been up to:

Saturday the 16th, AGCI picnic in Lynnwood: I got to meet the two fab case workers face to face, the famous Kristin Gresham who e-mailed with me a bunch when I was checking out agencies, check in with some other local families we know, and pretty much avoid everyone I didn't know because I really am an introvert no matter what my friends think. So to all you nice Washington families at the picnic that I didn't talk to, I really am not a snob and I hope we get to know each other eventually (like maybe through e-mail).

Then last weekend C and I had our bike ride to the beach after burgers and milkshakes at Morries date. Morries is this greasy dive burger stand in our neighborhood. If you live in Bellingham it's probably that funky burger stand you have always wondered about, in a bad way. For the longest time they had this big sign in front that read "Chinese Fast Food", which really does make one ponder. But, they were awarded the silver spoon (highest rating) from the health department last year. And they make my dad's favorite milkshakes- Rootbeer. So you just have to love 'em.

Let's see, other than that I have been holed up alone most weeknights. While my son watches the Olympics at Grammy's house, I have taken apart my bathroom sink plumbing, reassembled it, sorted, purged and reorganized Christian's and my closets, emptied half the cupboards in the living room and consolidated them, mopped the floors, measured bedroom furniture and mapped out new arrangements, organized the garage shelving, and shredded 3 years worth of old account statements to purge the file cabinet. My life pretty much sucks without the kiddo.

Somewhere in the middle of all that we did hit the lake again, with the wetsuits, oh baby! But those photos are of course on sissy's camera. Until then, you'll have to live with the homemade 'Talian sodas.

1 comment:

Michelle Riggs said...

I would have loved to go to the picnic. It sounds like fun.

Praying that the time passes quickly.