I finally checked out these new books for early readers by Mo Willems. I thought they sounded sort of dumb when I'd seen them before, with titles like "My Friend is Sad" (not sure why I was being so critical when other early readers are called things like "A Bug in the Rug" and "Fat Cat") Maybe it's because I don't really
get the Pigeon books by Mo Willems. Anyway, I brought these home from the library and the boy LOVED them! He was acting out the parts, making sound effects, screaming on cue and laughing his head off. It was so fun to see him totally enjoy reading something to me. Never mind that some of the pages had like one word on them. With a 50+ page book it's still a good read. This one is "There is a Bird on your Head", come on, what little boy doesn't think that's more fun that stuffy old Dick and Jane? The photo below is while we waited for the ferry to go camping last week.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaggggghhh!!!" (and yes, I have cut his hair since this photo was taken, scary I know- but maybe not as scary as me trimming it with my Fiskars office scissors, you know, the ones with the long orange handles)
In other news around these parts. I think I was stung by a fierce banded bush bee in my sleep the other night (name that book and I'll buy you coffee). He got me on the ball of my foot. Of all the nice tender skin he could have found, it worked it's nasty venon into the bottom of my thick crusty foot??? That has got to be why it has swollen up and turned fuschia. I seriously cannot walk on my foot and it is worse today than yesterday. I was hanging in there all day (as I sat on my rear at work), but man oh man it's been killing me ever since I had to start standing. Isn't that supposed to be one of the perks of living in the cold, dark, Pacific NW? No crazy tropical disease carrying insects or spiders. I don't even want to think about what the heck crawled into my bed and did this to me.
5 comments:
Is it the "violet virus" or some other nasty ailment?
We love Toot & Puddle in this house.
Amy
HI- I just came across your clog from a post on the AGCI listserv. I see you live in the Pacific NW-- we live in Everett. We adopted our baby girl in Aug. 07 with AGCI!!!
Will you be at the picnic in Aug.?
-Suzi
I can't name the book, so I'll just name one of the books I just finished, and you can buy me coffee anyway.
"The Secret Life of Bees". And if you haven't read it, you must. Good, woman empowering book.
Amy's a pretty sharp cookie, I think she and I may become friends in real life. Heather- anytime babe!
And yes, I have read that book. Several years ago, but I remember it was good.
Post a Comment