… may be that of a child apologizing without being threatened.
Twice over this past weekend I was delighted by the sound of my child being contrite, on his own. On Friday we went home for a bit of downtime and dinner before going to the opening night ball game at 7pm. I made some sort of Mexican rice/chicken/salsa baked thing while Christian played and I cleaned up a bit. When it came time to sit down for dinner there was a bit of an uproar over the menu. Apparently I always get to choose what we eat, he never gets to pick, he HATES tomatoes, and that looks yucky. Just eat it kid, we’ve got places to go.
Exactly two bites in I hear; “I’m sorry Mama, this is good. I’m sorry I had a fit about dinner. I like it.”
Grab spatula to scrape jaw off of table. After oxygen returns to my brain I managed to squeak out, “Thanks baby, that is really nice of you to apologize.”
Two nights later we have the same episode with the split pea soup, except it took only one bite to hear, “I’m sorry, I do like pea soup”. That’s good, because it’s pretty much soup and beans around here if we’re going to keep the car running much longer at $4.31 a gallon!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment