By Saturday the sun was shining again and I had two little boys frolicking in their finery before heading off to the African Caribbean Club (ACC) Culture Night at WWU. We actually had outfits for all the boys, but Christian opted for the shirt and tie look (no complaints from me, that's one handsome boy I didn't photograph).
As usual, that kid is just a rockstar at the ACC. He was really turning on the charm too. Giving Salome kisses on both cheeks, getting all kinds of lovin' from every lady in the room, and high fives from the young men. He gets more "that child is so handsome"s in three hours, than through the rest of the year. And if I had a nickel for every hair compliment, I could pay for his products! Ashi just soaks it all up, he's in heaven! Oh boy was he excited! He was telling us all day long how he was GOING TO DANCE ON THE STAGE! He was going to dance with Mulu (who cooks Ethiopian at the market). And when will it be MY turn to dance!?! Once the show started the chatter only amped up. A: "WHEN can I dance?" Me: You have to wait, everyone is taking turns. You can dance when the Ethiopians have their turn. A: Why do we have to take turns? Me: The stage can only hold so many people, there are too many to all dance together. A: No we can all dance. Look, the stage is really WIDE. When the time finally came, and as Ashi calls it the "Dance Party" started. All the Ethiopians come spilling out of the audience onto the stage. Some young adults come off the stage and scoop up Ashi, who suddenly is not so sure about it. He had the deer in the headlights look on his face the whole time. When he came back to me I asked him why he got so shy when it was his turn to dance. And he set me straight. "I didn't WANT to dance with the girls, I want to dance with THE DADS! (the men). Poor kid. Too many ladies, he better get used to it.
Today was Easter Eggs.
And soccer. These bad boys won 8 zip today, wahoo! They don't usually play on Sunday, it was a make-up for flooded fields last week.
Meanwhile the Littles went Dumpster Diving. Ahh, the things that fascinate three-year-olds
Then just as things were winding down before bed, we heard the sickening thud of Springtime. A bird against glass. What do I find as I peer out the front window. These two fighting to the death. I couldn't pull the kids away. One of those suckers was MEAN too (he won BTW). Ashi was sure he was going to rip the head off his victim. Christian was banging on the window and throwing sticks trying to stop them. And I was dry heaving. It was awful! Now the kids are hatching plans for all the things they will do to that mean bird when they see him again. There will be water guns I am told.
Meanwhile the Littles went Dumpster Diving. Ahh, the things that fascinate three-year-olds
Then just as things were winding down before bed, we heard the sickening thud of Springtime. A bird against glass. What do I find as I peer out the front window. These two fighting to the death. I couldn't pull the kids away. One of those suckers was MEAN too (he won BTW). Ashi was sure he was going to rip the head off his victim. Christian was banging on the window and throwing sticks trying to stop them. And I was dry heaving. It was awful! Now the kids are hatching plans for all the things they will do to that mean bird when they see him again. There will be water guns I am told.


No comments:
Post a Comment