He just gave his 15 minute power point presentation on tsumanis Tuesday night at school, a project he was all set to do right before we went on vacation (to Hawaii- where the waves flooded the beach we played on just last week). While we were in Hawaii they tested the tsunami warning system, which he had learned all about and detailed in his report. That system was used to evacuate the very place we were staying (I don't think he would have thought it was very cool to actually be there, he's a bit more sensitive than he lets on.)
His model was a little worse for the wear by the time I photgraphed it, it had been hanging out at school for two weeks because of the snow day rescheduling. It sure is sweet that with only 8 kids in your class the teachers will reschedule projects around your family vacation (despite your terrible mother taking you out of school for a week- gasp!). I just love their Spring presentations, they take them SOOOO seriously and they are just plain adorable! This year the kids learned how to embed sound effects and videos in their slides. Eight year old boys and sound effects...hilarious!
And this is all he really was looking forward to. Dismantling his display to eat the dusty old Swedish Fish we'd hot glued to it. Boys.
3 comments:
that is an incredibly impressive 8 year old presentation!
Pretty wild on the timing! Do you think Mr. Christian would share his presentation with us one of these days? I'd love to hear/see it! :)
Wow, what a school! Love his project, and timely, and boys, wow, now I have 4, the youngest one is... Let's just say all boy, and he has found everything! Nothing is baby proof , yet.....very great mom going to hawaii!
Post a Comment