Thursday, December 30, 2010

I blame it all on Comc@st

There is a certain Internet provider to blame for my absence from this blog. I do not like them much, but I do rather enjoy the very patient people in my life who tirelessly solve my technical difficulties for me and do not charge me 250 bucks for the pleasure of it (smooches Keith). In any case, it's been a while. But from the bowels of my camera I can ascertain that at the very least there were gingerbread men, and gingerbread houses, new stockings and a new (and very much bigger) Christmas tree, Christmas programs (oh so many Christmas programs) and Christmas parties. Phew, thank goodness it also came with some vacation time to cash in!
Christian was an angel in his school play, it was uber adorable. There was a scene when the Christmas trees return to the farm after Christmas all dishevelled and disappointed by their Christmas experiences, and Christian kept trying to "fix" one of them whose santa cap was askew (which it was supposed to be- but he'd never seen it happen in the dress rehearsal). So he kept straightening the hat trying to make things right, and his little tree kept pulling it over to the side of his head again. It was pretty cute to see their first experiences putting on a real live show.

Ashi was in two programs, one at his daycare where he sang "Oh Come Let Us Adore Him", which in recent days has been sounding a lot more like, "Oh Come Let Us Adore Me" and the new interpretation cracks me up. He also got to sing at church in the little kid choir (I'll give you a hint, he's the brown one in the front row!). It went pretty well until the end when he discovered Carrot Top two rows behind him and spent the remainder of the show trying to get his attention (note the last photo- he's the only child on stage with his back to the audience).

There are so many more photos, but I am too tired to smoosh out Carrot Top's face from them all, so you get what you get. Now off to catch up on all of YOUR blogs!

1 comment:

The Hull's at #4 said...

Have had a vacation from blogland but I'm back and thank you so much for the great updates! I really loved Ashi's rendition of such a great Christmas carol! Happy New Year guys!