Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Friends

I have lots of friends. I really like them, I do. And they know me pretty well. In particular they all mostly tease me about being cheap. But I'm sure they see my other fine qualities as well. Sometimes.
But I have one friend in particular that is the kind of friend everybody needs at least one of. The kind of friend that honestly thinks I am WAY more awesome than I could ever hope to be. That's my friend Jilly. That cheesy photo is from her Bridal "tea" a few weeks ago. See my friend Jilly just got married (finally). And she told everyone that we couldn't buy them gifts. Nope. We had to MAKE them! Oi vey!
So I came up with the absolute simplest thing I could think. Everyday cloth reusable napkins (she's kinda granola and they like that greenie stuff). So what do I do? Well I tell my mother my idea of course. And she proceeds to go to the fabric store, buy the fabric and pre-shrink the fabric. I generously donate my time cutting it into squares and pulling the threads off the edges. Then mother dear hems them all all leaves them at my house freshly ironed and folded in a nice handmade wood basket a few days before the wedding. (Speaking of people everyone needs in their life!)
This was a few weeks ago. But today I finally talk to Jill on the phone and she tells me how impressed she is the I WOVE fabric to make her the napkins! Ha! Are you kidding me, you actually think I created fabric out of thread, on a loom? Uh huh. Sorry, I'm not that awesome, but thanks for thinkin' it.
Everybody needs a friend like that!

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Glad you have such a sweet friend, it is always nice to be loved as you are.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Just read your comment on my blog from July...about updating. I've kind of quit the blog. Now I just need to make it into a book for Elyse. Think of you guys often. Still haven't forgotten about coming up for a visit. We WILL make it happen. Love you guys!