Friday, May 28, 2010

A Week(end) in my Life - Friday

My friend Jen does this "Week in my Life" thing on her blog every so often, and I always think it's such a great idea. I just imagine when the kids are all grown and gone, it's going to be all the little "boring" things that you miss. The sillystuff, like sticky hands and pajamas on the bathroom floor. So to kick my butt back into keeping up the blog, I thought I'd try a weekend in my life- since that's really the only time I have one.

4pm- Weekend starts an hour early (the only reward for having to foist the kids off at their respective childcare by 6:45am in time to catch a meeting at work).

5:30 Leftover night. Mmm Sloppy Joes for the kids (and salmon for mama), sweet potato fries (with curry dip of course), spinach salads and Limeade. I LOVE to clean out the fridge, it feels so good!

6:15- Hey let's make cookies. Oops, no butter (or milk, gotta have milk with cookies.) Off to the store.
7:15 Mmm peanut butter.
8:00 Ashi shows off mama's nylons while brushing his teeth. They are all the way up to his hips. "I did it all by myself"- a favorite phrase. He picks out "Duck on Bike" for his story. Good night Ashi.


8:15 Christian reads me a bedtime story. Good night Christian.
9:00 "Ashi needs more tiss.ess. Tiss Ashi elbow. Tiss Ashi face. Tiss Ashi mouth. I luff yoo Mom."

9:18 "A D C T N O P, now I now I A D sees next time you sing wif me."

9:30 "I need to go CAAAA CAAAA. Peeese! I need to go Caca!" (Commence #2)

9:31 "Ashi take off shirt peese?"

9:32 "Ashi sippers? Peeese? Sipper in bed?" (slippers)

9:40 "Where isss Buba? Okay mama, nigh nigh"

9:41 "Ashi need shirt!"....and on it goes.

2 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Adorable!!!! Sounds exactly like what happens at our house, each and every night!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Cute!