Monday, March 22, 2010

Christian's Words of Wisdom

Oh my sweet boy. I had some sort of stomach bug yesterday, and he got himself and his brother up and dressed. Fed Ashi bowls of raisins (breakfast) and changed him when he peed his pants. Then after the reinforcements came in (a.k.a Grammy and Papa) he came in to check on me and fill my water every hour or so. So sweet.
At dinnertime while I was trying to muster the energy to prepare mac 'n cheese (the kind with premade sauce- I was that pathetic still), he imparts a bit of his wisdom on me.
C: Mom, people who are poor are really rich. Because they have love, and love is worth more than anything, all you need is love, that's more valuable than anything. And so if you're poor, you can still be rich. (He slips in and out of his "well, duh" sassiness during this explanation)

This went on for several minutes more (while I tried to get the darn plasticized cheese mixed in to my lovingly prepared dinner offering), including something about how Jesus died for us because he loves us, and love is the best gift in the whole world.

I don't know where that kid came from, but I'll take ten more!

5 comments:

The Hull's at #4 said...

Oh my gosh Erin, that brought tears! That tells me what your conversation is with your boys, wow...what a great mom!

Jen said...

seven year old boys are the sweetest thing on earth I've decided. Especially when their Mom's are sick.

Ron & Maria said...

One smart cookie! Ashi is going to learn so much from him!

Amber Weiseth said...

I love it! Makes me smile! Sorry you were sick.

Kimmie said...

Erin that is so wonderful, those seeds you've been planting are showing fruit girl!

Hope you are feeling better.

thanks for sharing that sweet story.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 1/2 adopted