Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Big Boy Bed (Part I)

I got a bug in my butt Sunday evening and rearranged the boy's furniture. Which natually lead to the bright idea of having Ashi sleep in his big boy bed in the boy's room for the first time. He thought that was a FABULOUS idea. He was so impressed with himself.


Of course the boys argued about the hall light (international right of passage right?). Their version was a bit backwards though.
A: Mama! Ashi no yight!
C: Yes, leave the light on.
A: No yight.
C: Yes.
Me: Christian you're seven for goodness sake, I'm turning the light off now go to sleep.
Five minutes later Christian is out. "Mama, no yight. Outside. Close. No yight." Ashi wants the drapes closed too, to block out the moonlight (that sounds much nicer than saying streetlight). He proceeds to lay quietly in his bed for an hour before falling to sleep. Who would have thought?
Turns out it was the Mama that wasn't quite ready to give up on the crib just yet. Because when he wakes at 1am (like clockwork) it is really so much nicer having him 5 feet away instead of down the hall. Sorry Bubba, you're stuck in your cage til you stop waking in the wee hours begging for your snuggles. I should probably get a photo of the cage. It's AWESOME!

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

AWwww.......keep them young as much as possible :)

Three2Five said...

I am pretty positive you and Honey had the same itch..I came home from Mexico and he had put our boys in the same room. Kinda of rough on sleep but they seem pleased with the arrangement. Oh and please do include a picture of the cage!