Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Flying

As Heather so eloquently pointed it out, our trip to San Diego was Ashi's first plane trip "slummin' it", you know, a domestic flight. He was enchanted the view from his window seats. Christian was enchanted with his view as well.

I have to admit it was nice being able to ignore Christian during our flights, and just entertain one kiddo. Who enjoyed some book reading and an art project.


On our layover these two boys spent an entire hour chasing a plastic shaker across the floor. It was hilarious! I could have done without the rapt attention of four gates worth of fellow passengers...but at least they wore themselves out.


One odd thing that happened on our trip, well first off we flew pretty cheap (that's not odd if you know me at all). Our three tickets were $300 after I cashed in a buddy pass and some miles. But after every. single. airline employee assumed Ashi was too young to need a seat and were surprised I had purchased one for him, well I guess I felt a bit cheated. It's not like I ever had to show any ID for him. I totally could have gotten away with one less ticket, darn! Okay, okay, I admit having the squirmy little bugger on my lap for 3 straight hours would have been a special kind of torture that most definitely wouldn't have been worth it. But my mind still goes there.

No comments: