Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Sweet Big Boy

I need to take a minute to brag on my awesome big kid. On Thursday he received all kinds of praise from his teacher. She made a point of telling Grammy and then me at the PTA meeting about how proud she was of him. He had an assignment that he redid twice to get it right. The second redo was because he left out a capitalization and punctuation mark. But he was so composed and diligent redoing and self correcting his work until it was his very best effort. This is a huge deal for Mr. Zippy Pants. His natural tendency is to fly through his work as fast as possible just to get it done. I'm so proud of him for working so hard to get it done right. I hate redoing the same thing 3 times- that really showed maturity for him.
Then on Friday evening, I came home from work a bit grumpy and distracted. My company had made unexpected layoffs that morning, one person with a parallel position and identical seniority to me was let go. Needless to say, it puts the rest of us on edge. Well Christian was such an amazing kiddo. I told him I was grumpy because I had a hard day. Well that little guy took it upon himself to cook us dinner! Yep, franks and beans! And they were awesome. He has such a sweet heart!
Today he spent the afternoon with some of his favorite people, Jim and his boys, while the moms got together for our soup swap (Mmm yeah!). Jim tells me that Christian was an excellent big brother the whole time. He was thoughtful, helpful, and kind to Ashi (who doesn't exactly have a track record of treating his big bro the same way). Christian takes a lot of lumps from the little resident monster- I love that he is still a caring big brother anyway!

1 comment:

Heather said...

He really is a terrific kid, you hit the jackpot with him.