Saturday, November 14, 2009

Independence

So I'm sitting here reading some blogs... the kids are watching Mythbusters. And five minutes ago Ashi walks up to me and hands me the filled pee cup from his little potty. "Here Mom, take care of this will ya?"

Mission Potty Independence: Accomplished

We started this little adventure yesterday, I bit the bullet and took off the diaper- what better way to burn a vacation day than mopping up piddle, right?

Step one: get your pants on and off by yourself in exchange for a smartie. Repeat 15 times (or one package of smarties). Drink 36 oz of watered down apple juice and wish your mom was always this much fun.
Step two: piddle in your pants 5 times and in the potty47 times (ten drops per shot) Say "YAY" a whole lot.
Step three: try again tomorrow and stay dry ALL DAY LONG, complete with a trip to the Farmers Market, lunch out, the batting cages and a nap. Woohoo!

And since my life is all rainbows and butterflies, we won't talk about the one (or #2) that missed the pot and hit the floor. :) There's always tomorrow for that!

6 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

he he he he he

Ron & Maria said...

potty training made fun!
You should write a book on raising kids the fun way!

Karen said...

Ummm... can you come work your magic on Kenzie please?

Tara said...

wow, my boys were not potty trained until 3 or 3 and a half depending on the weather, outside, and naked, does that count?

Tisha Alexander said...

Excellent!!! I had to tell you that yesterday didn't go as well at church. They cried. Hard. They did end up stopping after 3 minutes and then did fine, but I thought of you while I was prying them off my leg.

Blessed Again said...

Thanks for the updated info on TB-related travel restrictions! Oohh...INH in pill form...YUCK!