Wednesday, November 11, 2009

For the Love of Injera

Last Sunday we went to the Ethiopian Family Potluck at Bloedel. Numbers were low this time around, alot of families with the flu and whatnot. I tried to get some photos, but the boys are pretty much a sweaty blur the whole time. I did get some good time in visiting with a few families, including L's mom who is the only mom in the county that truly shares my opinions about the Health Department. Those be some colorful e-mails.
There was so much food left over, that we got to bring home a pile leftovers, including


INJERA! Which sure makes for a happy boy!

Who has very silly big brother sitting on a tiny potty.
I never, ever wanted to own such things. Those disgusting little plastic potty thingies. But having both bathrooms upstairs (seriously! Who designs a house like that? Men, that's who.) has necessitated the purchased of them. Where they generally reside behind a locked gate, because they tend to get used as hats.

Which is really too gross to think about since they were "previously loved". But speaking of previously loved, looky looky what I got off craigs.list for forty bucks! 45 Avent bottles! Charissa sent out an update last week that Hannah's Hope needs bottles badly. Shauna leaves next week to get her little Maeve, and somehow she's going to figure out where to stick all these puppies (I'm thinking she should probably start packing pretty soon- but she's a bit delusional with glee and is occupying herself with other things). Which is cute!

2 comments:

Eastiopians said...

So cute! And haha...love your crack on Shauna...she is full of adventure and she will probably be the best packed person there even compared to bozo's like me that have been packed for weeks. My stuff probably has dust on it already. :)

Karen said...

So bummed we missed it (secretly I kinda like when numbers are low because I can talk and still see my kids that are a blur instead of spending the whole time trying to keep my eyes on them all! Easton was better but still getting over being sick and Dave was leaving the next morning for the week so wanted to spend time with the kiddos. Hopefully we'll make the next one. Did they have a next years' schedule there?