Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Seven

Today my first baby is seven. SEVEN!! I can hardly believe it. Every year we take his photo on the pumpkin pile at Haggen. We've gotten some strange looks over the years when we show up at 8am and leave without any pumpkins. But hey, it's a cheap backdrop.
And someone needs new pants, yet again. Size 8s! That's just crazy. We wear the same size socks now too, yikes!
Ashi's first pumpkin pile photo.
Christian chose Apple.bees for his birthday dinner, so he could use his free coupon (that's my boy!!). He's wearing the birthday crown his teacher sewed for him, it's really cute. And his teachers gave him a build-at-home Build-a-Bear. He has to sew it together himself with a little plastic needle. It's a little monkey, just like him.He was very happy with his birthday present from Grammy and Papa. Finally his very own scooter, and red to boot! He's gonna be ready to rumble at the next Ethiopian Gathering when all the kids do their scooter races.

After dinner we headed over to Coldstone for ice cream. The boys both had a coupon for a free kids cup for their birthdays. Unfortunately we still can't convince Ashi-boy to like ice cream, but in time we're confident he'll turn around and tow the line. In the meantime- I guess I'll just have to help him out with that little problem. Schucks :)

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Happy 7. What a nice celebration together. Enjoy that new scooter...ride like the wind!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Tamara B said...

E, thanks for stopping by my blog and making that incredible connection for me. I wish I had thought of it on my own and on that night. How cool that would have been for me! What a sad but encouraging thought. Thanks.

Tisha Alexander said...

Happy Birthday to both boys!!! It looks like you have been one buys Momma lately. :) I LOVE the cake/cupcakes. You did an amazing job.