This weekend we all went to The Great Wolf Lodge as a birthday celebration for the boys. We'd been wanting to check it out, an indoor waterpark with all the most important features like central heating and a nice comfy hotel room down the hall. It was a wonderful indoor waterpark, but the central heating was a bit lacking- so we still got pretty cold.
It was hard to get too many photos. I only had my big camera, Heather was borrowing the little one for her big weekend away. Which just adds to my disappointment at her total lack of trip photos, so here's what I did get.
We started out with our pumpkin carving.
I had a sweet deal on this one. Papa cleaned out the guts and Auntie did a good deal of the carving.
I had a sweet deal on this one. Papa cleaned out the guts and Auntie did a good deal of the carving.

Then we headed down to Grand Mound (Centralia) on Saturday morning. First we stopped at Cabella's to check out the camping gear. Ashi loved the displays of big game, including a large display of African animals. He even got to feed some gigantic fish, one little fishy pellet at a time. Christian ran about putting quarters into things and eating candy covered nuts. I really didn't see much of him actually.
The only photos I got at Great Wolf were from Trick-or-Treating and storytime. We did spend an excessive amount of time in the water, including Christian taking 7 trips down the Howling Tornado (4 story funnel on it's side- in the dark - ridiculously scary!).
The ferocious dragon and the brave knight. What? Dragons get swords too.


Slaying the Dragon before pillaging the locals for candy.Mmmm, popcorn (and real hot apple cider). There was an animatron puppet-thingy show before story time. It was hard to hear, and they sang a super cheesy song over and over. As you can see, Christian had his lame-face on. But Ashi thought it was great, totally enthralled.

1 comment:
We can't wait to check Great Wolf out sometime. Amelia would be so jealous of Ashi's dragon costume. She's always roaring aorund the house pretending to be one.
Post a Comment