Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bike Park

These photos are a few weeks old, back when my baby still had his hair actually. We woke up on a lovely Saturday morning, got the house cleaned, and started thinking of ways to get everyone out of there before they could mess it all up again.
Heather and I hatched a plan to take the boys over to the dirt bike park to burn off some steam. It was a great plan. I found shoes, filled water bottles, installed the bike rack...

"Hey Christian, get your bike."

No bike. He's certain he left it in the yard. I call my mom, and then my sis who were watching the kids the day before. Belinda has the epiphany while we're talking. He rode it next door to the park, and then they all went for a short walk. Christian hogged the water bottle from Ashi and drank so much he puked. They all came home and completely forgot about the bike. Needless to say it was not there by the next morning. That's what I get for living on the wrong side of the tracks- kids' bikes getting stolen from the playground NEXT DOOR!

The worst part was I totally scored that bike, a $400 bike for $30 at Goodwill (and a $12 repair). There's just no possible way to replace a deal like that.

Luckily his old bike is still workable with the seat all the way up. We filled up the tires and loaded up. Off to visit our friendly neighborhood police station to file a report. We got the nice lady officer, and Christian answered all her questions to file the report himself.

And off we went to the bike park.


2 comments:

Jen said...

bummer about the bike :(

Ron & Maria said...

yea, stinks about the bike - I remember reading about that wonderful find! mean people.... you know, need to get a life!