Last weekend was my High School reunion. I'm not going to say something lame like, "Oh, where have ten years gone?" I'll tell ya where ten years has gone. Two kids, two degrees and an extra two kilos later (not necessarily in that order mind you). When I was walking out the door after leaving the kids with Papa to babysit, my lovely father remarked, "What reunion is this for you?" Uh, well Dad...do the math. His reply, "Ten years, really? Gosh it seems like a lot more!"
What's that thing they say about "time flies when you're having fun", hmm...I wonder what that says about my father's opinion on dealing with me over the years??
What's that thing they say about "time flies when you're having fun", hmm...I wonder what that says about my father's opinion on dealing with me over the years??
This photo cracks me up! That's me and my good buddy Sarah from 6th grade on. We are both totally cheese there. Mixin' up some good 'ol lemonade. (It was a pretty low budget affair).On Sunday afternoon we had a family picnic. Another 90 plus day, sheesh! The kids just went and went like little energizer bunnies though. I hardly saw the big guy all day. There were just way too many little boys to tromp around with building driftwood forts.
And I had to keep a sharp eye on the little one, lest he get spirited away by Stevielea (I do not think she was kidding when she said at least ten times that she'd like to take him on home with her- poor girl doesn't have any kids yet. She was in love and it was pretty cute!).
He was digging the water, but just couldn't quite figure out why it tasted so awful!
2 comments:
Thanks for your comment... yes, my #1 spot is getting really old.... but, what are you going to do?! Hope you're well.... Goodbye heat wave... hello fireplace!
i'm class of '99 too!
Post a Comment