Stitches make you look tough, right? I'm not even two yet, but I've got three.
And a big scar on my forehead? Yeah, that's gonna make me look tough too, right?
Or, maybe not so much after all. But at least I'll get the girls.
And a big scar on my forehead? Yeah, that's gonna make me look tough too, right?
Ashi had a big day Sunday. He cut two teeth, spent his first evening with a "babysitter" and got his first set of stitches (which meant first trip to the emergency room and first time staying up past midnight too!). Pretty productive eh? And the best part is that despite being a little midget Spiderman, he didn't even do it by falling twelve feet off the jungle gym, or jumping off the swings, or any other neurotic thing he does every ten seconds that makes the other moms on the playground gasp and try to catch him before he hits the ground. Nope. Because he never actually hits the ground when he does that stuff. Instead he ran smack into a wall. Brilliant.
Thank God he did that it at the Boyles house too. That handy Mr. Jim is good with the gushing kind of blood and the gaping kind of head wound. And when Mommy got a little pale and woozy, it was pretty handy having two more adults in the room to supervise everybody. Two adults that were incredibly happy that the baby split his head open AFTER his Mommy came back on duty. Yes, that was very handy too.
The next time I come over I promise not to bleed on your walls, and your floor, and your counter. And when Mommy puts our shoes on and says it's time to go, I think we'll just go ahead and go then. That would be better than chasing the big boys around in circles when we're all sleepy and well past bedtime. Don'tcha think?
9 comments:
Hey Erin, he DOES look tough! And I have a question for you if you wouldn't mind emailing me. janamama72@gmail.com
fraserfive.blogspot.com
Totally tough! Bug got his face glued at about 2...those boys sure do get into a lot of trouble.
All I can say is I'm relieved for Jim and Eliz that you were there when that happened!
Lets not check any more new experiences off the list this week, k?
He he he....oh yeah we had been in our new home all of 2 minutes when our Andrew - at the time he was 2- ran right into the corner of our brick fireplace. How do these things happen??? Don't know, but true.
Totally tough...
Aaawww, I'm so sorry Ashi! Praying for quick healing!
I had to comment because our son Noah did the same exact thing when he was 23 months old! He split his head open in the SAME spot, on the SAME side of his head, and got THREE stitches...and he did it by running into a wall. LOL.
By the way, his scar healed up great. :)
Hi there...thanks for the encouraging comment on our blog. It's nice to hear we're not the only ones who have struck fear in a little Ethiopian's heart!
Any travel tips for us that we should know or you couldn't have lived without? I appreciate the info on the "cheeseburger" being a grilled cheese and that the Amsterdam airport has something for us to do during a 6 hour layover!
Also, did you post on the listserve about the scar stuff?
Thanks!
Chris and Jana
I really enjoyed reading over your blog at looking at all your adorable pictures, I think I've fallen in love with Ashi. So you live in Bellingham, thats where my family lives. They all go to CTK its a small town (sorta) maybe you know them... Thanks for sharign and saying hi. Look forward to reading more from you.
Post a Comment