Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How is it possible?

How can it be possible that this little Ethiopian is too darn hot and sweaty to fall asleep tonight?
Sure, it's still 86 in the bedroom. But that should be nothing for him, right? Apparently not. He's seems to have adjusted to the Pacific Northwest already. It got up to 96 today- I know that sounds really lame to most of the people reading this, but it's actually an all-time record. And we get like 60% humidity to go with it. Our average temp this time of year is 72, and AC is almost non-existent around here. Well, except for at my office...where I've been wearing a sweater all week. I have to admit, I'm loving the chance to put on my swim suit after dinner and play in the sprinkler with the kids. I cannot remember ever having the urge to run under the hose, in the shade, at 7pm. In fact, it's so dang hot I don't even care about all the construction workers milling around the construction site behind the house while I frolic in a bikini. Now that's just sick isn't it?

4 comments:

Ron & Maria said...

Wow! You're amazing... the sacrifices that you do for your kiddos! :-)

My little Ethiopian sweats buckets when she's just running around on a regular day. Add a bit of heat and humidity and she's like an old lady in the kitchen with her face cloth hung over her shoulder to dab at the sweat... I mean perspiration.

Enjoy your boys!

Tara said...

i've heard it's been hot there, now 96 degrees that is HOT! here in kansas we haven't even got that hot yet, heck ya run around in that bikini!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Thanks for the giggle. Makes me laugh! Sounds a bit silly to us southerners- because our average in the summer is 98 or more! Humidity- all the time. Hey, we even have mosquitos in January. Sometimes anyway. But just love your little one's expressions!

neely said...

Yesterday we hit 105...Betty was not happy:)! YOu know it's hot when your daughter from Ethiopia is miserable.
It was so good to see you briefly at the picnic- wish we could have connected more.