Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Growing Up

Last week my big boy really showed me how big he truly is. At the end of his first week of daycamp the kids had the option of staying the night and sleeping in the forest. All week Christian was certain he didn't want to stay the night. I really didn't blame him, he's only six and had just met the counselors this week. But...knowing my little man like I do, I went ahead and packed up his sleeping bag and and toothbrush and left them in the trunk of the car.
When it came time for pick-up Friday evening, Christian came running across the "corral" to tell me he'd lost his last front tooth!
C: And you get free candy at the "store" when you loose your tooth at camp. And I changed my mind, I want to stay the night!
Me: Well it just so happens I have your sleeping bag in the car.
C: Huh? Really? I love you!
He made it all night. Sleeping in the woods, on a tarp- no tent or anything. With a pile of little boys and some very patient camp counselors. I was worried sick from about 10 pm on. And I was so proud of him! And we had breakfast the The Little Cheerful to celebrate on Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! That is a huge milestone! I wouldn't have slept either.

Elizabeth, Jackson and Thomas said...

That sounds like so much fun! Go Christian! :)