10 years ago
Monday, March 2, 2009
I can sleep on the plane, right?
So yes, it's almost tomorrow, and I'm still up. Maybe I should have figured out how to use the video camera more than oh, three days before leaving. Probably could have emptied all the memory cards before now too (but you just never know when you need to take another photo for the blog!), and does it really matter that my reading material for that hideous plane ride is "Parenting your Adopted Child"? Yes, probably should have finished that up sometime in the last four months, but there were blogs to be read! I have organized my "to do" list carefully, mapped out my errands to perfectly fit into my lunch breaks and tallied up all free hours between now and Thursday noon. Yep, I can definately get it all done. Because afterall, I can sleep all I want on the plane, right? No, never mind. I still need to finish learning to speak Amharic, all I've got so far is "ca-ca" and "a-wad-a-hallow", hmm, probably won't be putting those together into the same sentence. (That would be roughly translated into "poop, I love you")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'll be thinking of you Thursday!
Well...yes, you can sleep on the plane..in theory. We found that they fed us at VERY ODD times. Several times we were just getting into a good sleep and the lights came on for meals...UGH! HAVE A BLAST..TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS! LOVE ON ALL THE LITTLE ONES..BUT YOUR OWN LITTLE ONE THE MOST! :)
Umm hello ... you are leaving TOMORROW!! TOMORROW!!! AHHHH!!! SO excited for you!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Love on my little man for me please!
Dawn
Hi there. Just wanted to know I have been thinking about you and wanted to wish you a great trip. I'm so excited for you....even though you're sleep deprived and have accumulated an AMAZING amount of supplies...please don't forget your camera.
Give C a big hug and you're almost there! You leave TOMORROW!
Kristy and family
well, maybe "poop, i love you" will be sentence you end up using...you KNOW how motherhood brings out those "i cannot believe i am saying this" moments....ok, you have the BEST trip EVER and know you are being prayed for while you are there! find my girle and squeeze her up real good, 'k??? oh i am sooooo excited for you!!!
SOOOO excited for you Erin!!!
Do you need my batteries??!!
And I think any boy would love to hear "Poop, I love you".
Squirming with excitement!
Yeah! So excited you are ready to go...enjoy your journey...sleep or no sleep it is amazing!
And I have to say...He is a handsome little babe!
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
YOU"re THERE NOW! I am so excited for you!
Sleep? What's that? COFFEE!
btw i took 17lbs of reading material - didn't read a thing, I was too excited!
ENJOY!!!
Post a Comment