Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mid Winter Break?

That beautiful sunshine last week really had me thinking Spring. Then tonight, at 4:45 it started snowing buckets. Just in time for the evening commute, and my poor parents had come up for dinner tonight too. Obviously none of us had given much thought to the weatherman's predictions. This is the snowiest winter I can remember, I wonder if we'll get another snowfall after A comes home. Wouldn't that be wild? I don't have a thing for him for snow gear, it never crossed my mind before.

It's so crazy to think that next week I'll be leaving this Washington winter for a week of Ethiopian Summer! Those mid seventies sound pretty nice right about now!

C and I have a bit of a tradition of going for a walk in the dark when it is snowing. It's pretty much mandatory around our house. It's so beautiful. And most years, if we don't head out at 10 pm to enjoy the flakes, they're all but gone by morning. So after dinner (Mmm, the best dinner's are the ones that are hot and ready when you get home from work. Thanks Mom!) we headed over to the park next door to enjoy a snowball fight and get good and chilly. Then topped off the night with some cocoa.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have some pink snow gear if needed!