Monday, January 12, 2009

It's been a little wet

On Friday evening after yet another week of repeated school closures (is this a record to have a state of emergency declared twice in 20 days?) we were in the car when a commercial for Baron Heating came on. Christian asked me what it was about.
Me: They were telling people that if their homes got damaged in the flooding they could help them fix them back up.
C: How would they help them?
Me: Well, dry out their house and repair anything that was damaged by the water.
C: Oh, you know what I would do?
Me: What?
C: Well, first I would take a big scoop of water out. Then I would get all of the people out of the house. Then I would pump out all of the water. And then I would call all my friends to come over and help me fix it all up. Do you think that is a good idea?
Me: That is the best idea!
C: Yeah, I would be good at that.

Isn't that cute? I loved the part about calling all his buddies to help him. Sweet boy.

Speaking of sweet boys. We've been watching old episodes of Tales from Avonlea (think Anne of Green Gables) and he loves them. I'm really having fun now that we can get movies from the library that aren't animated, and can both enjoy them. But tonight was even better, we got a DVD from Hannah's Hope in the mail. Christian was bouncing off the walls to watch it as soon as we stepped in the door. We think MAYBE we saw A in there (it was filmed at the right time to be him). He's being held by Yohannes (or Danny I don't know which is which). What a cool keepsake from his time there, even if that cute little boy isn't him.

We also got a letter from the Riggs today. Michelle says Abby has been carrying around A's photo and kissing it. Isn't that adorable! He does have a pretty kissable face :)

4 comments:

jody said...

i cannot wait till you are carrying around "A" himself and kissing HIM!!!! it is nice when you can watch movies all together and not have to watch the same veggie tale for the 500th time-it is a new chapter in parenting :) how refreshing!!

Troy said...

That's awesome ... so it looks like a toolbelt and some tools are in store for him :)

They actually had a real toolset at Lowe's sized right for the lil ones ... my father-in-law got his grandson a set ... and it was only like $16 and it had about everything he'd need (hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, level, etc, etc ... oh, and suspenders to keep from the plumbers crack :)

Thanks again for The List ... you've done a GREAT job with that. So based upon that list and Nell Ann's unofficial #2 (officially #8), it appears we may be at #5 (officially #11)!?!? Wow.

Dawn said...

Ok, I want to come and steal "C"! He is so stinking cute!
27 more days...

Maria and Family said...

He sure is a cutie!! A will be home before you know it!! :)