More painfully frigid weather, more cookies, more flowers, more playing hookie (is that really a word?).
We took the day off, not because it's my birthday, I really could care less, but because we needed a nice long weekend before Christmas. So we baked more cookies, which were very much appreciated by the poor guy out delivering flowers in this awful weather. We also managed a little more time outside when the wind died down and sun came out. Beautiful, beautiful sunshine!

I think we'll be getting a few more lovely sunny days this week, during the "longest cold spell in the history of the state" (I think that's what they keep calling it, that and "Arctic Blast 2008" which sounds so dumb!) The teens are so much more tolerable in the sunshine, don't you think? We're also going to get another couple snowstorms this week. And, GASP!, at the moment there is snow forecast for Christmas! I don't think I've ever had snow for Christmas in my entire life. Which is really lame considering this is the furthest south I've ever lived.
"Ice skating"
Mom and Oma came up for lunch out at the Colophon, which was wonderful! They also broke the newly established "no presents for adult birthdays" rule, which sort of pissed me off until I got my new wireless router and video camera. Ya, you're forgiven.
Then it was off to Bunco with Heather. She bought me a spot in the "cool kids club" for the night and provided her highly attentive husband for free babysitting, and I walked away with $30 for most wins. Score. I also walked away with a really tired child at 9pm that just hadn't gotten enough pizza yet, and was just starving, and "can we please watch a movie when we get home" and Zzzzzzz. Damn flight of of stairs, again.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had fun!! It is stinkin' cold isn't it!!
Too funny on the recipe list - we do have leftover feast often (but I try to cook just enough so that there either aren't any leftovers or Tom takes them for lunch). Not a lot of leftover here too often :)!
How are you holding up?! Hoping you hear soon!!
Post a Comment