Monday, November 10, 2008

Guilt Free Blogging

Guilt, maybe exhaustion too. That's why I haven't updated lately. I'm so tired lately, it must be at least partly due to it getting dark at 4pm. I can't do anything about being so tired, at least not while the construction workers outside my window keep getting started at 6am (on Saturday and Sunday too no less) but I figured out the guilt part tonight. This is what C is doing right now, building "cannons" in my bedroom. With Adventures in Odyssey playing on the computer, and of course C narrating his "battles" at the same time, "look mom! Watch this". Consider yourself warned when this post is hardly coherent, there's a lot of noise in my head at the moment.

So here's the update:

Christy called me last Monday (holy smokes, a week ago!), and we went over the new court procedures and what to expect when I get my referral call. When we were just about done, I said "just one more question, when are you going to call me back?". Silence, deafening silence. I let her off the hook and chuckled so she would get the joke. Poor Christy, she's sooo serious!

There is a distinct possibility that my child is not yet at Hannah's Hope, that place is FULL of kids waiting to get picked up. I would rather not think about this being true. It is much easier to imagine your child waiting for you at Hannah's Hope than at Enat Elam (or another gov't orphanage) four to a crib.

C's new phrase is "I swear to goodness", should I be worried?

I taught C how to doodle. Unfortunately, he's now doodling like a girl. Even Belinda was impressed at his skills drawing flowers on vines. Considering that she thinks his handwriting is "atrocious" she was too impressed by the improvement in fine motor skills to chastise me for teaching him to draw flowers. I'm sure she'll straighten him back out for me.

Mom and Belinda came over Sunday afternoon and we all checked out the big new baby store by my house while C went to Jack's birthday party. It finally dawned on me after picking him up that when Elizabeth tells me over and over how "big and tough" C is, it's her nice way of saying "wild, obnoxious and unruly". We'll have to work on that.

And tonight after soccer practice we went out to dinner at the place where Heather says they launder drug money (and she knows this how?) I could be all self righteous and not eat there, but considering that we get a full restaurant meal for under ten bucks and can get in and out in under a half hour, I'm not ready to give up on Jose, drug money or not.
And that in a nutshell, is a week in my life.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Glad to hear you're still alive - I was wondering where you were!! Hoping you get a referral soon! Maybe Julie will bring some paperwork back with her. That sure would be nice.

Dawn

Jana said...

Hey, good and cheap food is a priority. We'll let your morals slide:) Hope you get your call soon!!

Our journey said...

You are hilarious..letting your morals go for a while. Hope the next few weeks are a little more eventful for you...on the adoption front.

jody said...

haha, cannons in your bedroom-sounds familiar--the other nite, when I was having a hard time sleeping anyway from this obnoxious cough/cold I have, I woke up to feel something weird in my bed; turns out it was a magnetic barbie stuck to my back....good times-kids are so great, aren't they?? no idea what it was doing actually IN my previously-made bed. I think of you often and want to read about your "CALL" soon-hang in there!!