Not much to report lately. Still waiting. I had hoped the little poll to the left would help shake out the question of whether it is a boy or girl. But all you turkeys in blogland have done NOTHING to settle that one, thanks a bunch guys. 50/50, really helpful.
It should be about 3 more weeks until we know. "Officially" speaking I'm supposed to be on the waitlist for 6-8 months. November 20th will be 6 months on the waitlist, so sometime after that I can start to expect the referral call to come. See how cool I'm playing it? A pile of bull is what that is.
In the meantime, Christy says she's looking forward to sending me my November update (that's AGCI speak for "I'm not gonna give you the faintest clue about when you'll get your referral, even if it's already sitting on my desk"). So that only leaves the bi-weekly update on Friday to look forward to. I've come to realize that once you get to the top of the list, the updates aren't very exciting anymore. You KNOW what your number is, and you know you'll find out about ALL referrals ahead of you long before the official update comes, so the updates kind of lose their excitement and suspense.
In other news:
C had his first soccer game on Saturday. He scored a goal and his team won 4-1. We went to Kayak point on Sunday afternoon to play on the climbing structure and freeze our butts off at the beach. And then my sis helped me pull out all the baby things in mom's attic. C is enjoying playing with a few of his old toys that were up there, and I was happy to discover a handful of things I was planning on buying. Last night we had pizza and ice cream with Asher, and C got to open his last birthday present. And we've been wrapping it all up most nights with Adventures in Odyssey on the Internet, C's new favorite routine.
Hopefully I'll post something more exciting soon. Sorry you had to trudge through this whole thing for nothing.
10 years ago
7 comments:
I know...I sometimes feel bad being impatient since I've only been on the waitlist for 3 1/2 mos...but I want to be done waiting now. I just want a referral!! Ugh!!
P.S. I voted girl. :)
Yeah, its pretty lame when even the updates aren't exciting anymore. And I'm not really caring too much about my numbers update because I know where we are and the official number I get is probably higher than where we REALLY are. Pretty anti-climactic. And with all the lameness that I'm seeing in what its like to actually HAVE a referral and be waiting for court/to travel...well, I don't even know what to think! ARGH!
Sarah
Unofficially #8
PS I voted "girl" too, but that's biased wishful thinking because I'm below you on the girls' list! ;)
Tell that Christy that what you really want is to hear that your not a # anymore. She's a tight lipped one I wonder if they take special classes for that haha. I think I voted boy...I just want more people off that boy list haha.
for this newbie on the list...besides following other blogs and our monthly check ins... how do people find out about referrals going out?
Oh the waiting. I think it is a test to see how patient we will be with our babies. I can just tell them upfront...not that patient. Ugh. Hang in there!!!
Hang in there , your turn is coming when you LEAST expect it!
I promise your referral is not sitting on Christy's desk:) I know what you mean about the bi-weekly losing its appeal once you make it to the bottom of the list. I think you "look forward" to it just because it is an old habbit...
Post a Comment