Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trading Up

Did you hear about that guy that traded a red paperclip for a house? Well, he made a bunch of trades in between, but essentially he started out with one red paperclip, and by the time he was done he had a 3 bedroom house in Canada. I find that pretty darn cool. In fact, I've done a little trading myself in the last week. I traded these three lovely wood crates (complete with dust bunnies and cobwebs from my garage floor) for a green piece of paper backed by the US government. I then took that EXACT same piece of green paper, and traded it for this.

This is a mini crib. I realized that I need the crib to be in my room, at least for a while- like years (who's kidding who, I still have company every morning). There is no way I can fit a full size crib in my room, so I recently discovered mini cribs (technically this is a portable crib because it even folds flat, but that sounds cheesy so I'll just keep calling it a mini crib). It's 30% smaller than a regular crib.

I've been trying to find one second hand for a while (and hemming and hawing because I could end up with the world's tallest baby that doesn't even fit in it). I found one fairly local on ebay a few weeks ago. It got bid up too high, then suddenly the auction was cancelled. So I contacted the seller who said it needed a repair and couldn't be sold on ebay. Coming from a family that loves wood glue and clamps I told her I was interested. She offered it for the same price I got for those lovely wood boxes above. It proved pretty easy to repair, and fits in the only empty space in my room just dandy. Then I folded it up and stuck it handily in the back of my closet (not a walk-in).

I think I see a new house in my future.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

I have a baby tub if you need one. If you have a boy you are more than welcome to all of our baby clothes - keep me posted.