Monday, July 14, 2008

My Head...

****Updated****
it hurts. Just on the left. Four days now. Very strange sharp throbbing pain. Keeps getting worse. Feels like someone is poking at a bruise. Called the doctor today. They got me in before lunch. Hey, I lost 3 pounds, cool! He poked, prodded, inquired, considered, decided it was extra-cranial (that's good!), gave me a script, sent me down for a blood test.
"So this test will show if you have blah blah blah in your bloodstream. Which will tell us that this artery here on the side of your head is about to burst. Which is exceedingly unlikely in anyone your age. We should know today or tomorrow."

"Oh, thanks doc. I'll just head on back to work now."

Luckily, if I don't bleed out through the brain sometime this week, it means I just have tendinitis in the side of my head. Hmm, didn't know there were tendons above my ears. Wonder how I managed to inflame those suckers? Maybe I talk too much.


***Update*** The prescription strength anti-inflammatory is working like a charm, so extra-cranial tendinitis it must be :) Who woulda thought that existed.

No comments: