Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Scream, You Scream...

Tonight we made some ice cream.
I picked up an ice cream maker at Goodwill some months ago and we finally put it to use. This is a real ice cream maker, one that you have to crank yourself. I can’t stand the idea of plugging in an ice cream maker. Seriously, how lame is that? Why bother making it at home (yeah it’s really tasty and fresh, but you’re not saving that much money) if you’re not going to make any sort of experience out of the activity?
So, a little homemade chocolate silk ice cream for us tonight, made with the big fat cream plug on our cream top local milk, mmm.

Then off to bed where we had this conversation as I was giving C his “10 minutes of snuggles” after his stories.
C: Mom, when I’m 14 can I still snuggle with you?
Me: Sure, but 14-year-olds don’t usually snuggle with their moms anymore.
C: Why?
Me: Because 14-year-olds usually don’t want to snuggle their moms anymore. They think they’re too old.
C: I’ll never want to stop snuggling you mom. I’ll always love to snuggle you because I’ll always love you.

Seriously? Where did this kiddo come from, and how can I get more?

No comments: