Sunday, July 20, 2008

Everything a Weekend Should Be

We had all the elements of a perfect weekend. We went down south after work to visit with my sis who was in town for a wedding. Since she and mom weren’t going to get home until an excessively late hour, we stopped by Gigi’s to visit. She immediately suckered us into taking her shopping. Well supervised of course, and yes I drove the electric shopping cart too- no casualties today.
C takes a certain pride in providing for all of Gigi’s transportation needs to and from the car. He only ran her into the wall a few times today (and the car, and the elevator, and a door or two). We stayed until about 8pm snacking on blueberries and then headed to Grammy’s house.


Saturday was a lazy day. Mom and I took C for a horseback ride and we ALL took naps in the afternoon. Belinda’s flight was early on Sunday morning, so after helping Mom clean out the guest room we went on home. One of the treasures unearthed from the guest room closet was a soap-making kit we brought home. C really wanted to give it is try, so we wrangled up a bunch of little toys to bury in the bars of soap, and made purple and pink surprise soaps to adorn the next round of birthday presents we wrap up. These took all of 15 minutes to make, and C picked out the colors and scents he wanted to add. It was a great quick project (and clean too :).

After our afternoon chill-time, C ran wild with the neighbor boys (or should I say the neighbor boys ran wild in and out of my house- to my great displeasure). There were squirt guns and swords everywhere. We BBQ’d for dinner and finally christened our new fire pit with some marshmallow roasting.

C: What’s a beef kabob?
Me: Meat, cooked on a stick.
C: YUM! I like kabobs (and he did, his and mine)

Our neighbor has a Japanese exchange student this year, so we had to invite them over for a bit of classic American culture, the s’more. They we a big hit by the way. Unfortunately, I left my bedroom window open above the patio all evening, and now everything I own smells like it went camping.

And the icing on the cake - smallish boy went right to bed and I got the house cleaned. See, perfect.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by to say hi and the encouraging comments! Always love to make a new bloggy friend! And I totally love the soap! Got to try it!